Friday, February 05, 2010

Deepening my Theology




I am about to begin a book on Dispensationalism. Huh?? Exactly! This is a word that is thrown around quite a bit up here at school. I am relevantly uneducated about it, and therefore don't have a stance on dispensationalism vs. covenant theology. Thanks to Justin, I am borrowing one of his books to further myself in my theology. I usually avoid these topics because I don't really see a point in them. Take the calvinism vs. arminianism debate. I don't really care if you are a 5-pointer or a 1-pointer. As long as the Great Commission is being practiced, and lives are being changed by His power, then we are all good. It too often is used as a tool to show how holy we are on our swinging pendulum. I also don't like the way people debate these topics. We all serve the same God. We are unified.

The reason I have decided to read this book and become more informed is because of DTS. I am about to go to a school that used to be pretty big in the debate. I figure I better become educated before I get there. This way I can have my mind wrapped around the topic already. I am excited to actually understand the debate for myself though. There won't be anyone standing over my shoulder pointing out the "correct" point of view. So here we go.....

On a side note. My Dad posted some of his pictures from our cruise. You can find the link to the pictures here.




This guy was a performing artist right across the street from Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Change makes him move and cash makes him groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment