Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hardest season of my life...

Ughh..... You ever feel like life punches you right in the gut sometime? Thats about what it has felt like the last 73 days (but who's counting). Wendi and I moved to Texas on June 1st. We moved here on faith. I felt God calling me to DTS to continue with school. So Wendi and I prayed about it, and both felt like this is where we needed to go. We started looking for jobs, and places to live. We found a nice apartment complex, and moved in June 1st.

Soon after I found a position at LearningRX. This was going to work out with my school schedule, and was a job that I would enjoy. This was a part-time position and it only paid once a month. Wendi worked her butt off both in Kansas City, and here in Frisco searching for jobs. She had a couple of interviews, but no real job offers. We were beginning to get low on cash. We had our savings account still full, but would have to empty it to pay for the next months bills. I was severely depressed. Had I missed God's call? Did I just want to move down here, and so I put my emotions and wants before God's? Did I just make one of the stupidest decisions for both me and my wife?

I felt like I had let so many people down. I moved down here, and was now at the point of setting a date to move everything back to Missouri to move into my in-laws basement. Don't get me wrong, I love my in-laws, but to have to tuck my tail between my legs, admit that I had failed, and move back home would have been super sucktacular! Wendi and I decided that we had 2 weeks. If we didn't have some serious job prospects then we had no other choice. It was at this time that things started to change.

Wendi went from having no jobs, to four in a week. God's timing was absolutely perfect! He waited until that point where Wendi and I both realized that there was nothing else to stand upon, but Him. We had done everything that WE could. It was like God said, "Ok, lesson over. Now watch me work." And work he has! Wendi has a great job working for Baylor Hospital in Grapevine, TX. She is going to be working nights, which will stink, but she will work 3 days on, and 6 days off. We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and are both excited for what is on the other side. God has definitely humbled me through this whole experience, and shown me how great He is. Looking back on it I would never want to go through it again, but am glad I had the chance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment